Thursday, August 28, 2008

This is an email I received from Justin. Another note I had recieved also mentioned that some SPLA soldiers come by and slashed up some of the tents, but they are being repaired.

Please take time to read this article at http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7418582.stm . The town referrred to in the article is the hometown of our dear friends, Bona and Mario Rou. They are our partners and brothers in Turalie, South Sudan, along with Eleos Project. Bona called me on the Thuraya sattelite phone Tuesday to tell me of an emergency. I could sense the fear in his voice. We were disconnected, and I did not hear from him again until a today. He explained to me that he ran to his home village after hearing of the violence(about 45 miles) and left his twin brother Mario at the Eleos Compound in Turalei. When he arrived, the fighting was still going on. He was able to locate his mother(his father is already deceased due to the civil war). Those of you that know Bona, know he is always very positive and jovial. Today, his voice was sad, dejected and still quite fearful of what may be to come. Civil war is still looming, and events like these remind him that he is still living in the same war zone that he was born into about 23 years ago. It reminds me that we have to pray for peace. We have to give our time and resources to help God's children. Just as we recently learned about at GUM; the widows and the orphans: over 90,000 more internationally displaced people, most of whom are women and children. Men are dead in the streets, right now, in Abiye, South Sudan. Our personal friends, Bona and Mario Bul-Bul Rou are witnesses of this. Who is your "neighbor"? I apologize for the rambling. Please pray for our brothers.

No comments: